Learn Advanced Street Riding Techniques in Real-World Conditions
Advance and refine your riding proficiency with Group on-street training.
Learning and fun is enhanced as students learn from each other. Your “classroom” is the uncrowded, scenic roads of Western New England.
Group training tours are a more social experience where you share the tour with like-minded riders and learn as a group. The Western MA tour is for 3 riders and features the nationally recognized Stayin’ Safe Advanced Rider Training Program.
- 3:1 student-to-coach ratio
- 1 or 2 day tours
- Weekend 2 Day Training Tours: Includes Saturday night stay at the Inn at Norton Hill , Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast at Elmer’s in Ashfield, MA . Lunches are not included.
Group Training is conducted over one or two days. On-street training is done at real world speeds and conditions. Provided Bluetooth helmet communicators allow immediate and meaningful coaching in real-time.
Here is a sample of some real-time coaching using Bluetooth communication.
What You’ll Learn
- Slow Speed Maneuver Techniques
- Emergency Braking and Swerving
- Visual Targets
- Lane Position
- Body Position
- Cornering Precision
2 Day Group Training Tour
Limited to three participants.
This two day training tour features the nationally recognized Stayin’ Safe Advanced Rider Training Program. Increase your safety and confidence while touring the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Mass and Southern Vermont. Includes Saturday Dinner, Saturday night stay at the Inn at Norton Hill and Sunday breakfast at Elmer’s in Ashfield, MA .
- Personal training with real-time coaching using on-bike communicators
- Tour through the hidden Berkshire hills of Western Massachusetts and Southern Vermont.
- Video review/discussion during lunch stop and at the end of the day
- Dinner and Saturday night stay and Sunday breakfast
- Video of our day (Please bring your own flash drive)
2018 2-DAY Weekend Training Tours:
- April 28-29, 2018 – SOLD OUT
- May 19-20, 2018 – SOLD OUT
- July 14-15, 2018 – SOLD OUT
- August 11-12, 2018 -SOLD OUT
- September 8-9, 2018 – ONE Spot Open
2018 One-Day Friday Training Tours:
- May 25, 2018 (Friday)- SOLD OUT
- June 22, 2018 (Friday) – SOLD OUT
- August 24, 2018 (Friday) – SOLD OUT
2 Day Tour: $975 per rider (includes one night lodging, one dinner and breakfast)
Discounts apply for returning students.
Scholarships are available through the BMW/MOA Foundation.
1 Day Training Tour
Limited to three participants.
2018 One-DAY Courses:
1 Day Tour: $475 per rider (does not include lodging or meals)
Ready to Sign Up?
Click on the Course date from the above lists to register
Since we start our day at 8:30, you may want to book a room the night before (on your dime). And maybe the night after, since we end around 5:00. Nan charges $100.00 (a discounted rate) for my students, including a full breakfast. Be sure to tell the Inn you are with Ken. Other nearby lodging can be found here.
Larger Group Training Tours (1 or 2 day tour option)
This is a custom option for larger groups of 8 or more.
Do you have a larger group of friends who would like to train together while having a great time touring the beautiful Berkshires? This is a great option. One or two day tours are available. Dates can be accommodated on request. Email Ken today.
This tour does not include Bluetooth communication, but does include the attention of staff who will address individual needs.
Contact Ken to discuss scheduling your event.
1 Day Group Tour: 3+ riders: $275 to $375/day per rider depending on group size (does not include lodging or meals)
Discounts apply for returning RITZ or Stayin’ Safe students. Contact Ken
Scholarships are available. Many insurance companies accept the Riding in the Zone completion certificate as proof of rider training that is eligible for insurance discounts.
Participants pay for dinners and any lodging with private training.
Please Read the Payment and Cancellation Policy Page.
Other Training Programs
Riding in the Zone, LLC is chartered through the American Motorcyclist Association and insured by the Philadelphia Insurance Companies.
Riding in the Zone, LLC