Are You Ready for Adventure?
This training option is for riders who are ready to venture off the beaten path.
This is an introduction to dual sport and off-road riding and is designed for the person who has ridden on the street, but is a newbie to off road riding. Provided Bluetooth helmet communicators allow immediate and meaningful coaching in real-time.
Off-Road Training Tours are held on weekdays and are scheduled on demanD. Contact Ken to discuss scheduling a private day (or two).
- 1 or 2 days, private or small groups
- Several miles of off-road riding.
- Difficulty of the route is based on bike type and rider experience.
- Must have street riding experience, but no off-road experience is required.
- This is not for experienced off-road riders. For you folks, I recommend taking the Puget Sound Safety classes in the west coast or the BMW Off-Road Academy.
- This course is appropriate for lightweight dual sport bikes (KLX, DRz, WR, XT).
- This course is also appropriate for Adventure bike riders (BMW GS, KTM Adventures, etc).
What You’ll Learn
- Parking lot maneuvers, both on pavement and dirt to practice body position and getting you used to the feel of your bike on unpaved roads.
- A street and dirt road tour of the Eastern Berkshire hills with easy and moderately difficult terrain. One way communicators will be used.
What you’ll Need
- A street-legal dual-purpose motorcycle (see above).
- Full-coverage riding gear that is appropriate for off-road riding. Dedicated ADV or off-road gear is best, but quality street gear is okay, too. Full-faced street helmets, armored nylon jackets and riding pants are fine. Armored street boots are acceptable but I’d consider investing in off-road boots from the start I love my TCX X-Desert boots. Street gloves and mechanics gloves can work until you get real dirt gear.
- Drinking water. You can bring a hydration system or a bag for carrying bottled water.
Training for individuals and small group courses:
1 rider, 1 Day: $600 2 riders, 1 Day: $525/person 3 riders, 1 Day: $475/person
Ready to Sign Up?
Off-Road Training Tours are scheduled on weekdays.
Contact Ken to discuss scheduling a private day (or two).
Discounts apply for returning RITZ or Stayin’ Safe students. Contact Ken
Scholarships are available. Many insurance companies accept the Riding in the Zone completion certificate as proof of rider training that is eligible for insurance discounts.
Participants pay for dinners and any lodging with private training.
Please Read the Payment and Cancellation Policy Page.
Other Training Programs
Riding in the Zone, LLC is chartered through the American Motorcyclist Association and insured by the Philadelphia Insurance Companies.
Riding in the Zone, LLC