It’s smart to know who you are about to share a ride with, so let me introduce myself. My name is Ken Condon and I’m a motorcycling junkie. For over 40 years I have been a commuter, tourer, off-road rider, track day instructor, road racer, drag racer, and plain old street rider who enjoys riding with friends and family.
I am author of two books, Riding in the Zone and Motorcycling the Right Way. My writing can also be seen previously in Motorcyclist Magazine and in Motorcycle Consumer News (before print died).
I was lead instructor for Tony’s Track Days for 24 years, and currently operate “Riding in the Zone” Non-Sportbike Track and Street Training. I’m also a retired 20-year MSF RiderCoach, veteran roadracer and avid off-road rider.
I am also a public speaker and dedicated advocate of motorcycle safety, helping beginner, intermediate, and advanced motorcycle riders develop the physical and mental skills to ride with more confidence, both on the street and on the racetrack.
I am an experienced off-road rider and amateur championship-winning roadracer, starting in 1986.
I love exploring the roads and trails throughout the Northeastern U.S. with my wonderful wife Caroline and daughter Jeannine who both ride.
Motorcycle Skills Instructor
With more than three decades of motorcycle riding experience, including road racing, touring, dirt riding, and commuting Ken has learned what it takes to become a skillful, confident rider.
Ken has been helping street riders become safer and more proficient as a 20-year Motorcycle Safety Foundation RiderCoach and is the owner and lead instructor of Riding in the Zone Personal On-Street Training Program.
During the past fifteen years Ken has been the lead instructor for Tony’s Track Days where he develops the training curriculum, trains track day instructors and control riders and runs the Track Day Training Program.
Ken’s motorcyclist training and riding resume is pretty extensive:
- 2018-present- Resident riding coach for Beach’s Motorcycle Adventure’s Italian Idyll Tour
- 2017-present- Presentations at SMSA conference, several Northeast Harley dealerships
- 2016- Coordinator for Motorcycle Sport Touring Association track day, Jennings GP, Florida
- 2015 – “Motorcycling the Right Way” published
- 2015- present- Co-organizer Non-Sportbike Track Day Training
- 2013-present-Owner and Instructor for Riding in the Zone Motorcyclist Training
- 1995 1 2015-Certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation Instructor/RiderCoach
- 1999 -2020- Tony’s Track Days Chief Instructor/Staff Trainer
- 2010 to present- Tony’s Track Days Personal Instruction program coordinator and lead instructor
- 2014- 2019- Motorcyclist Magazine author of the monthly Street Savvy column.
- 2001- 2014- Motorcycle Consumer News Safety and Skills articles Columnist for monthly Proficient Motorcycling and Street Strategies columns
- 2008- Author of Riding in the Zone, Advanced Techniques for Skillful Motorcycling
- 1986-2015 – Expert level motorcycle club road racer with AAMRR and LRRS and USCRA
- 1976 to present- Commuting, Touring, Sport Touring, Sport Riding, Road Racing, Off-road riding.
Ken is an amateur, championship-winning roadracer who started in 1986 with AAMRR and returned in 2000 to race with the Loudon Road Racing Series (NEMRR). Ken began racing with the USCRA vintage road racing club in 2014.
See the photo gallery for a pictorial history of Ken’s racing career.
Ken has also written the monthly “Proficient Motorcycling” and “Street Strategy” columns for Motorcycle Consumer News for over 10 years.
Ken is an experienced public speaker for motorcycle related organizations. Some past engagements include:
- Harley-Davidson Dealers of New England Winter Seminar Series
- National Association of State Motorcycle Safety Administrators (SMSA), Burlington, VT, 2017
- Nevada Traffic Safety Summit, Las Vegas, NV, 2016
- Massachusetts Rider Education Program, 2008-2010, 2016
- BMW/RA Rally Brattleboro, VT, 2010
- Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program, 2010
- Michigan Motorcycle Safety Program, 2010
- Rhode Island Motorcycle Safety Program, 2011, 2015
- Americade, Featured Speaker, 2011, Seminars 2010, 2016
- Tony’s Track Days, Traction Seminar, 2014
- Yankee Beemers Damn Yankee Rally, 2009